The 25MW Katherine solar farm project is the largest solar farm in the Northern Territory and includes a battery energy storage system with a capacity of 6MVA/3MWh.
The HV contract involved the installation of electrical services between the new solar farm and the existing Katherine substation.
The project scope included:
- Survey, trenching and hydro-vac for HV cables
- Supply, installation and construction of 4km of power poles and meter poles
- Construction of foundations for poles
- Construction of HV substation earthing for substation pole
- Supply of 63kVA / 22kVA pole top substation to PWC for installation
- Overhead cable pulling for connection at substation
- Supply and installation of switchboards
- Testing and commissioning.
In carrying out the electrical work, Espec PH coordinated with principal contractor BSR, as well as other contractors conducting civil works and mechanical installation. We attended regular project meetings to coordinate work around stakeholders’ requirements and maintain ongoing communication.